Cloud Best Practice Endorsement
Cloud Best Practice (CBP) is the easy way for your firm to gain a recognised industry endorsement that certifies the technology, training and policies in place to promote your firm as a cyber-savvy data custodian, serious about protecting client privacy.
As a CBP, you get legal, technical and educational coverage to prevent a breach and ensure you have a specialist team of cyber experts behind you in the event that you do.
What you get:
- Certified Legal Policy documents that help to protect you and minimise your Mandatory Breach Reporting Exposure and limit your potential liability in the event of a breach;
- A data breach response plan serving as a reference point for best practice in the event you do have a breach as per new Mandatory Breach Legislation;
- A plain speak engagement letter statement which communicates your firm’s proactive approach to protecting client privacy including a checklist of the systems in place that put your firm ahead of others in the race against cyber-theft;
- Access to a data breach response hotline manned by specialist, qualified legal and IT professionals who will work together to help you manage your obligations and remediate your systems. This is your guardian angel service for when you most need it. (Without CBP, this service is not available as a standalone product)
- An accounting industry Cloud Best Practice (CBP) Endorsement so your firm can clearly communicate the policies, training and technologies you have in place to protect client data in the cloud;
- An easy to consume Staff training program in webinar format that covers your educational obligations to staff on how a hack happens and your team’s obligations to protecting your client data.
Benefits of being a CBP:
Comply with the Privacy Commissioner (OAIC)’s guidelines under the notifiable data breach legislation on taking necessary steps to protect client data so you can clearly demonstrate the due process your firm took as a responsible data custodian.
Reduce your insurance Premiums – Insurance companies are rapidly mitigating their exposure by requiring greater levels of demonstrable cyber-compliance. CBP includes template examples of what your firm needs to have in place to tick the right boxes. CBP certified firms receive a 10% discount on Cyber Shield premiums with our risk partner, Accountancy Insurance.
Show your clients you’re serious about their privacy – With so much awareness and media building around the commercial impacts of data breach you need to answer the often-unspoken questions and concerns around how your data is protected. You get a one page plain speak statement that clearly demonstrates your commitment to their privacy and your proactive steps to prove it.
Give your team the tools so they can be responsible data custodians too – We provide the training and educational webinars available so your team are aware of how they can secure data and be responsible for your firm’s data.
Ensure third parties that access your data are legally responsible for the protection of your company IP and client data.
The CBP package is your firm’s cost effective ‘done for you’ solution to the risks and worries that cybercriminal and data theft has put upon Australian accounting firms at a reasonable time and financial investment.
How the 4 step CBP process works
Step 1 – Implement the Practice Protect technology solution to protect your cloud based applications and give your firm what it needs to control access to cloud data
Step 2 – Register for a plain speak 30-minute webinar demonstrating the risks associated with cybercrime and how they can play their role in protecting client data
Step 3 – Complete the associated legal documents to enable your firm to be responsible data custodians and know what to do in the event of a breach
Step 4 – You’re certified to use the CBP logo certification that positions your firm as a responsible data custodian.
About the legal documents
Your legal protection pack contains
- Data Breach Response Plan* (including a template letter to be sent to affected clients in the event of a breach);
- Engagement Letter updates that articulate the measures you have in place to protect your client data;
- Employee IT and cyber usage policies to ensure your staff are accountable to their responsibilities;
- Third party systems access agreement to assert responsibility onto your IT providers and other contractors that could have access to data and could cause a leak;
- A privacy & data protection policy template
These documents are prepared by our partner Robert James Lawyers who are the experts in cyber security for accountants. We license the usage of these documents to your firm for the life of your Practice Protect subscription.
*for a customised data response plan specific for your firm, Practice Protect subscribed accounting firms are entitled to engage Robert James Lawyers for a fixed once off fee of $500 + GST.
About the breach response service
If you’re a CBP firm you’re less likely to have a breach, and less likely to be exposed to the data responsibility related legislation and the potential PR and financial ramifications from any breach. However, if you do have a breach, our partner Robert James Lawyers is the accounting industry’s go to resource for breach or suspected breach situations. We work closely with Christine Darby and her team to ensure any exposed data or infected systems can either be remediated and/or the right processes and response obligations are followed to ensure you’re compliant with the notifiable data breach and other data and privacy legislation. The first 30 minutes of these engagements are included in your Practice Protect subscription.
Get Started With Practice Protect By Requesting A Free Cloud Security Consultation
The fastest and easiest way to learn more is to call us on 1300 010 114 or click here to schedule your free Cloud Security Consultation.